💙 From One Valley to Another: You Are Not Alone

 


I took this picture early this morning, and I thought, isn’t this amazing? 🌙✨ Looking at the moon, the stars, and the heavens reminded me of Psalm 39:5: “Surely every man at his best state is but a breath.”

It reminded me again that life is not about us. It is about the Creator, the Almighty God who made the heavens and the earth. We are here for a short moment, but He is eternal. The heavens declare His greatness, while our lives remind us of how dependent we are upon Him.

As I looked at the sky, I thought about you and what you are going through right now, especially after your surgery and having a feeding tube placed. I remember that experience very well because I went through something similar during my cancer treatment. I know some of what you may be feeling physically, emotionally, and even in your mind.

You once told me that you were thankful that God allowed our paths to cross during this season. I believe that may be part of His provision. Perhaps God is allowing me to share with you some steps of a journey that I have already walked.

During my treatment, there were many moments when I cried and complained. I remember asking God, “Why am I going through this?” There were days when I felt weak, confused, and afraid. But one thing became incredibly important to me: I had the Word of God to hold on to.

I remember the words of Jesus when He was tempted in the wilderness:

“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
Matthew 4:4

Ed, those words became very real to me during my treatment.

The feeding tube could give my body nourishment, but only God's Word could nourish my soul. There were days when I could not eat normally, but God reminded me that there was another kind of food I desperately needed: His Word.

And I believe this is something especially important for you in this season.

When our strength disappears, when our bodies are weak, when we cannot control what is happening, and when we don't know what tomorrow will bring, His Word remains.

So, Ed, I want to encourage you, my brother, to keep walking this path. Open His Word. Read it slowly. Hold on to His promises. Pray through the passages. Let His truth speak louder than your fear, pain, questions, and uncertainty.

God did not give us His Word merely for the easy days. He gave us His Word precisely because difficult days would come.

Don't only ask God to change your circumstances. Ask Him to use His Word to change and strengthen you in the middle of them.

Your body may need nourishment, but your soul needs the Word of God.

As I looked at that sky this morning, I was reminded once again:

We are only a breath.
But the God who created these heavens is eternal.
And He is still holding us. 🙏

So keep feeding on His Word.
Keep holding on to Christ.
Keep praying.
Keep walking.

One day, one prayer, one promise at a time.

And when you don't have strength to hold on to much, hold on to the Word of God.

Because the God who spoke those heavens into existence has not stopped being God in the middle of your storm.

Your Brother in Christ,
Leo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Falsa Paz do Cavaleiro Branco – Apocalipse 6:1-3

O Chamado ao Sacrifício Vivo: Uma Vida Transformada pelas Misericórdias de Deus

A Direção do Espírito Santo: Como Ele Nos Guia nas Decisões Diárias